Numbness in a single or each palms describes a lack of sensation or feeling in your hand or fingers. Usually, hand numbness could also be accompanied by different modifications, similar to a pins-and-needles sensation, burning or tingling. Your arm, hand or fingers could really feel clumsy or weak.
Numbness can happen alongside a single nerve in a single hand, or it might happen symmetrically in each palms.
April 19, 2019
- Numbness. Merck Handbook Skilled Model. https://www.merckmanuals.com/skilled/neurologic-disorders/symptoms-of-neurologic-disorders/numbness. Accessed March 1, 2019.
- Stroke: Hope by way of analysis. Nationwide Institute of Neurological Issues and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/issues/stroke/detail_stroke.htm. Accessed Jan. 19, 2016.
- Indicators and signs of grownup mind and spinal twine tumors. American Most cancers Society. https://www.most cancers.org/most cancers/brain-spinal-cord-tumors-adults/detection-diagnosis-staging/signs-and-symptoms.html. Accessed March 1, 2019.
- De Keyser F. Ganglion cysts of the wrist and hand. http://www.uptodate.com/residence. Accessed Feb. 2, 2016.
- Raynaud’s illness. Nationwide Coronary heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/well being/dci/Illnesses/raynaud/ray_all.html. Accessed Feb. 2, 2016.
- Numbness. Nationwide A number of Sclerosis Society. http://www.nationalmssociety.org/about-multiple-sclerosis/what-we-know-about-ms/signs/numbness/index.asp. Accessed Feb. 2, 2016.
- Neuropathy (nerve injury). American Diabetes Affiliation. http://www.diabetes.org/living-with-diabetes/problems/neuropathy/. Accessed Feb. 3, 2016.
- Stabler SP. Vitamin B12 deficiency. New England Journal of Medication. 2013;368:149.
- Cervical spondylosis (arthritis of the neck). American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/subject.cfm?subject=a00369. Accessed Feb. 3, 2016.
- Ganglion (cyst) of the wrist. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/subject.cfm?subject=a00006. Accessed Feb. 4, 2016.
- Syrinx. Merck Handbook Skilled Model. http://www.merckmanuals.com/skilled/print/sec16/ch224/ch224j.html.. Accessed Feb. 4, 2016.
- Brachial plexus accidents info web page. Nationwide Institute of Neurological Issues and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/issues/brachial_plexus/brachial_plexus.htm. Accessed Feb. 10, 2016.
- Daroff RB, et al. Issues of the peripheral nerves. In: Bradley’s Neurology in Medical Apply. seventh ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 1, 2019.
- Briemberg HR, et al. Strategy to the affected person with sensory loss. http://www.uptodate.com/residence. Accessed Jan. 25, 2016.
- Levin Ok. Cervical spondylitic myelopathy. http://www.uptodate.com/residence. Accessed Feb. 10, 2016.
- Vriesendorp FJ. Medical options and prognosis of Guillain-Barré syndrome in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/residence. Accessed Feb. 15, 2016.
- Medical manifestations of Sjögren’s syndrome: Extraglandular illness. http://www.uptodate.com/residence. Accessed Jan. 29, 2016.
- Bowden JL, et al. The prevalence and magnitude of impaired cutaneous sensation throughout the hand within the power interval post-stroke. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e104153.
- Ferri FF. Frostbite. In: Ferri’s Medical Advisor 2019. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2019. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 5, 2019.