In the dynamic landscape of India, where commerce and trade flourish, the implementation of Goods and Services Tax (GST) has marked a pivotal moment in the nation’s fiscal history. This transformative tax system has significantly bolstered the Indian government’s revenue streams.
Nevertheless, a notable challenge emerged many citizens across the country hesitated to request GST bills for their transactions with traders and shopkeepers. To address this issue and promote transparency, the Government of India initiated the groundbreaking “Mera Bill Mera Adhikaar Scheme.”
Benefits of the Scheme
The Mera Bill Mera Adhikaar Scheme, set to launch on September 1, 2023, is a resolute step towards empowering Indian citizens by encouraging them to demand GST bills with each purchase.
This initiative, also known as “Mera Bill Mera Adhikaar Yojana” or “My Bill My Right Scheme,” is set to debut as a pilot project in three states and three union territories: Haryana, Assam, Gujarat, Dadar and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, and Puducherry. Subsequently, it will extend its reach to other states.
Under this groundbreaking scheme, the Indian government will award cash prizes ranging from Rs. 10,000 to a staggering Rs. 1 Crore to fortunate winners selected through a meticulous lucky draw process.
The allure of this scheme lies in its simplicity: citizens only need to obtain a GST bill for every transaction involving goods or services.
Eligibility and Required Documents
To participate and benefit from the Mera Bill Mera Adhikaar Scheme, certain eligibility criteria must be met:
- You must be an Indian citizen.
- Possess a valid B2C GST bill with specific details: GST number of the supplier, invoice number, tax amount, total bill amount, and the recipient’s name.
Additionally, you’ll need to provide the following documents during registration and when availing the scheme’s benefits:
- Mobile number (mandatory).
- Any valid government-issued identity proof.
- Original GST bills.
- PAN card.
- Bank account details.
How to Apply
The application process for the Mera Bill Mera Adhikaar Scheme is user-friendly:
- Registration: Begin by visiting the official portal of the Mera Bill Mera Adhikaar Scheme. You will need to provide basic information such as your first name, middle name, last name, mobile number, and state name. After completing this step, the portal will verify your mobile number through OTP.
- Login: Once registered, log in to the portal using your registered mobile number. Again, OTP verification will confirm your identity.
- Uploading GST Bills: After logging in, navigate to the “Upload Invoice” section to submit your GST bills. You can upload a maximum of 25 bills per month.
Alternatively, you can use the Mera Bill Mera Adhikaar Scheme Mobile App, available on both Google Play Store and Apple App Store, to complete the registration and upload process.
To stay informed and participate in this transformative scheme,
- visit the [Mera Bill Mera Adhikaar Scheme Official Portal]
For any inquiries or assistance, contact the Goods and Services Tax Helpline at 18001034786.