In 2023, the Uttar Pradesh government launched a significant initiative to ensure the welfare of animals.
This program, known as the “मुख्यमंत्री निराश्रित बेसहारा गोवंश सहभागिता योजना,” has been instrumental in caring for distressed and abandoned cattle in the state.
Under the visionary leadership of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, the government has recently increased the monthly financial assistance provided through this program.
In this article, we will explore the details of this scheme, its objectives, eligibility criteria, how to apply, and the impact it is making on the state of Uttar Pradesh.
The “मुख्यमंत्री निराश्रित बेसहारा गोवंश सहभागिता योजना” was launched in Uttar Pradesh in 2019 to address the welfare of distressed and abandoned cattle. Commonly referred to as the “गौवंश सहभागिता योजना,” this initiative aims to provide monthly financial assistance to individuals who wish to care for helpless or distressed cows and bulls.
Objectives of the Scheme
Uttar Pradesh is a state with a significant agricultural population, where many people rely on farming and livestock rearing for their livelihoods.
However, there are instances where individuals who rear cattle are compelled to abandon their animals due to various reasons, often migrating from rural areas to urban centers.
These abandoned animals roam freely, posing a threat to crops and causing inconvenience to the general public.
In response to this issue, the government introduced the “मुख्यमंत्री निराश्रित बेसहारा गोवंश सहभागिता योजना.” Under this scheme, individuals who provide shelter and care to distressed or abandoned cows and bulls will receive financial assistance from the government.
The primary objective of the program is to alleviate the financial burden on these caretakers and ensure the well-being of the animals.
Key Features of the Scheme
- Yogi Adityanath’s Vision: The “मुख्यमंत्री निराश्रित बेसहारा गोवंश सहभागिता योजना” was initiated under the leadership of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath in August 2019. It is designed to benefit all residents of Uttar Pradesh who meet the eligibility criteria.
- Universal Eligibility: The scheme is open to all residents of Uttar Pradesh who wish to take care of distressed or abandoned cows and bulls.
- Monthly Financial Assistance: Under this scheme, individuals who provide care for these animals will receive a fixed monthly amount. The financial assistance has recently been increased to ₹1,500 per month. Previously, beneficiaries received ₹900 per month. This enhancement ensures that over a year, each beneficiary will receive ₹15,000 in direct financial aid, deposited directly into their bank account.
- Monthly Payments: The scheme has transitioned to making monthly payments, as opposedto the previous provision of lump-sum payments every three months.
- Bank Account Requirement: To receive the financial assistance, individuals must have a bank account, either in a rural or national bank.
Applying for the Scheme
To apply for the “मुख्यमंत्री निराश्रित बेसहारा गोवंश सहभागिता योजना,” interested individuals can follow these steps:
- Visit the Official Website: The official website for the scheme is http://www.animalhusb.upsdc.gov.in/en.
- Check Eligibility: Before applying, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria, which includes a willingness to care for distressed cows and bulls.
- Complete Application: Fill out the application form available on the official website, providing all necessary details and documents.
- Bank Account: Ensure you have an active bank account, as the financial assistance will be deposited directly into your account.
- Submission: After completing the application, submit it through the official website.
The “मुख्यमंत्री निराश्रित बेसहारा गोवंश सहभागिता योजना” is a significant initiative by the Uttar Pradesh government to address the welfare of distressed and abandoned cattle.
This scheme not only provides financial assistance to those who care for these animals but also contributes to the overall welfare of the state. Under the guidance of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, the scheme has been enhanced, and beneficiaries now receive ₹1,500 per month, ensuring their commitment to animal welfare is rewarded.
The transition to monthly payments and the inclusion of more beneficiaries will have a positive impact on the state’s agricultural communities. This scheme is a testament to the government’s commitment to the welfare of animals and its citizens in Uttar Pradesh.
To apply for this scheme and contribute to the well-being of distressed cattle, interested individuals can visit the official website and follow the application process. It’s a win-win situation for both caretakers and the animals they look after, and it underscores the importance of compassionate governance.